May your day be as good as your lipstick - make your make-up look complete with a super fine lip product! Make your lips a bit thicker with a lip liner or really make your lips stand out with a nice color. Even if you don't like colored lips, you can still give your lips a boost without extra color. Well-groomed lips are very important for your looks, you can't hide them just like your arms through a long-sleeved t-shirt. Fortunately, we have the finest lip products in our range, for every wish! Curious about how you can best care for your lips and which products are suitable for you? You can find it all below!
How can I take care of my lips?
Your lips have a lot to endure, especially in winter. There are many external factors that can damage your lips, such as the wind, sun, spicy food, medicines. Your lips are more fragile than the rest of your skin. This is because your lips don't have certain functions that your skin does, such as no glands that secrete sweat. Below we have listed the most important do's and don'ts that take care of your lips and really work:
- Exfoliation - It is important to exfoliate your lips regularly (2/3 times a week). By exfoliating your lips, the dead skin cells and skin are removed from your lips and your lips feel wonderfully soft again. Tip: you can simply scrub your lips with a damp toothbrush.
- Moisturize - Go for nourishing lip products. Regularly apply lip balm, petroleum jelly or use natural moisturizing oils. For example coconut oil and honey!
- Protect your lips from the sun - Just like the sun damages your skin, the sun also damages your lips. Your lips can burn just as well. So get SPF on your lips!
- Drink enough water - So that your body has enough moisture to nourish your lips.
- Using too much lip balm
- To smoke
- Licking your lips too often
- Peel off skin from your lips
- Wearing too often and a lot of lipstick (e.g. rest your lips 2 days a week)
- Leave your lipstick on overnight
How can I make my lips look fuller?
We all long for fuller lips. Maybe you have already tried some trends, Kylie Jenner Lip challenge for example? Lip fillers or cosmetic procedures are not the only solution for fuller lips, there are a number of tricks. For example, you can 'massage' your lips and moisturize them well, making them fuller and more colored. But you can also achieve good results with make-up! For example, we sell different lip liners. With a lip liner you can add more definition to your lips and draw the line a little over the 'border', making it look like your lips have more surface area. We also sell the Pouty Lipzz - Plump Up The Volume . Pouty Lipzz is applied like any other lip gloss. After application, your lips immediately have a better contour and look fuller, more moist and seductive! The Pouty Lipzz is formulated with ingredients proven to increase lip volume by up to 40%, without collagen injections. Really recommend!
How do I prevent dry lips?
The colder days, but also the hot summer days, affect the condition of your lips. You can cover this up with lip make-up, but it is also important that you take proper care of your lips. This way you prevent dry and chapped lips. Because ooh ... how awful that is! We have listed a number of solutions for you:
- Use good moisturizing products. Think of good lip balms, scrubs and oils such as coconut oil, almond oil and honey. Do this twice a week by default, unless your lips are already dry - then every day.
- Drink enough water!
- Protect your lips from the sun, just like your skin.
- Leave the heating off overnight.
- Reduce smoking.
- Give your lips a break from lipstick every now and then.
- Try to touch your lips as little as possible (pulling sheets and stuff).
What types of lip make-up does Haarspullen have in its range?
Matte, glossy, shiny, glossy, liquid, non-liquid, natural, eye-catching. We have options for all these wishes. We have fine brands such as Maybelline and L'Oreal in our range. We have listed a number of faves for you below:
Pouty Lipzz - Plump Up The Volume - Pouty Lipzz is applied like any other lip gloss. After application, your lips immediately have a better contour and look fuller, more moist and seductive! Now you can achieve the same glamorous result as make-up artists with the pepper-free Pouty Lipzz plumping Lipgloss.
L'Oreal Paris Rouge Signature - This lipstick is a liquid lipstick that dries matte. It is super easy to apply, so you can accentuate your lips well. It is available in 12 beautiful different colors.
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner - The lip liner is super easy to apply, you can create fine tight lines with it. With the lip liner, your lips appear fuller with more definition! It is available in 4 different colors.
Max Factor Lipfinity Liquid Color Lipstick - Want to make sure your lipstick won't run off and fade? With this lipstick you keep the pigment without giving off for sure! It is available in 10 different colors.
What color lipstick suits me best?
There are no rules when it comes to makeup. You just have to wear the color that you like of course! But are you curious about which color suits you best? With the color of your eyes, skin, hair and the rest of your make-up? The question everyone struggled with. We have carefully selected it for you!
Do you like a natural look and do you want your lip make-up not to stand out? Then it is best to choose a lip color that comes closest to your own lip color. This way you create a naturally beautiful definition on your lips. For example, you can also only use a neutral lip liner and only outline your lips with a natural nude color.
It is very difficult to determine which color suits whom. The main difference is between warm tones and cool tones. It is best to first decide for yourself what suits you best in terms of clothing, hair color and eyeshadow. Are they cooler shades or warmer shades. We still have a small overview that you might benefit from below:
Pale skin, possibly freckles, light eyes, blond, reddish or light brown hair: Warm, autumnal tones.
Pale sun sensitive skin, peach skin, brown / green eyes, brown / red hair: dark red, coral, apricot, orange, peach and a brownish red.
An olive brown, southern skin or snow-white alabaster-white skin color. The eye color is random, the hair usually dark: Cold blue and purple tones, deep red, pink and soft pink lipstick, such as rosewood, raspberry or pearl.
Tip: Youtube is full of videos about lipsticks where they test colors on themselves. Maybe you can find someone who has a bit of the same characteristics as yourself in terms of appearance to see which color looks best, like this L'Oreal Rouge Signature Lipstick Try-Out !
How does my lipstick last as long as possible?
All tips at a glance:
- Proper care already saves a lot of work. Exfoliating, moisturizing, and taking care of your lips contribute to how long your lipstick lasts.
- Use a lip liner. The lip liner on the edge (or over) ensures that your lipstick stays in place and is less likely to fade + it is a good base for under your lipstick. It acts like a primer.
- Apply a little foundation on your lips before applying the colored lip product. This acts as a base (primer) for your lipstick.
- Of course you have to be careful about what and how you eat & drink. For example, drink through a straw and make sure you don't order a hamburger, but something that won't affect your lipstick.
One without handing over ……
- If you bite a few times on a tissue or other random object after applying your make-up, you have already 'released' the releasing layer of your lipstick.
- After applying your makeup you can apply a transparent powder over your lipstick. Just like your foundation, your lipstick will stay in place!
- Spray a little hairspray all over your lips (with your mouth closed as best you can, of course).